What whitening does for you:
- A plus for your appearance
- Greater confidence
- And helps prevent tooth decay!
- Greater confidence
The “Beyond Polus” whitening system is the most widely used and safest teeth whitening system available.
Beyond Polus Whitening System features:
- Greater safety:
A special filter (150,000 fibres) to protect the teeth from harmful heat and UV rays.
- Enhanced whitening effect:
The combination of halogen light and LED makes the whitening process more effective.
The whitening process can be carried out in three to five shades.
What causes teeth discolouration?
Teeth discolouration can be caused by a number of factors including everyday eating and drinking (coffee, tea, red wine, curry, fried noodles, etc.), smoking, grinding, over-brushing, metal fillings, tooth decay, tooth nerve damage and ageing.
What are the benefits of whitening?
- The whitening of discoloured teeth can change the way you look and feel about yourself by making them whiter and cleaner.
- The teeth can be whitened without causing damage – the teeth are whitened by increasing their brightness.
- The whitening can be done in just one visit to our clinic.
- The treatment can be repeated on a regular basis (to maintain the whiteness, regular whitening at our clinic, or home whitening, is possible).
- Whitening also helps prevent teeth decay – after whitening, there is an increase in the uptake of fluoride and the remineralisation of calcium.
- Before whitening, the entire mouth must be checked and cleaned.
- Whitening is not carried out on pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- If you have any tooth decay in the area to be whitened, the decay is treated first.
- Any inflammation of the gums will need to be treated before whitening.
- Whitening cannot be carried out if you have achalasia (a relatively rare disease).
- Whitening cannot be carried out on patients under 18 years of age, as their teeth are still growing.
- Crowns and other teeth coverings will not be whitened.
- Once your teeth have become whiter, you will need regular maintenance (home whitening, regular clinic whitening, etc.) to maintain the whiteness.
- There are restrictions on what you can eat and drink after whitening. For the first 24 hours after whitening, you will be asked to refrain from eating and drinking coffee, tea, wine, curry, green vegetables and other acidic foods.
The cost of a single-visit whitening procedure is 25,000 yen (plus tax) for 6 upper front teeth and 6 lower front teeth.
How the whitening works:
The process is based on the use of a chemical called hydrogen peroxide, which breaks down colouring substances on the enamel of the teeth.
The teeth are then whitened. The whitening process is more effective when the teeth are exposed to light.
How it’s done:
- On the day of the treatment, we lightly brush the surface of the teeth to be whitened without using any paste.
- We check the shade of the teeth before whitening.
- A gum protectant is applied
- Whitening gel is applied to the teeth surface.
- Light is applied to the gelled teeth using a special light emitting device.
- The whitening gel is than removed.
- Steps (4) to (6) are repeated two to three times.
- We check the colour shade (teeth colour) of the teeth after whitening.
- Finally, fluoride is applied to the whitened teeth surface.
If you would like to know more, or would like to book an appointment, please feel free to contact us at the Bluff Medical and Dental Clinic.